Frequently Asked Questions
- What can I make into a tattoo?
- If I have a picture of someone wearing an awesome tattoo, and I upload that picture, will you send me the tattoo being worn in the picture?
- Why StrayTats?
- How can I use StrayTats?
- Will the color white show in my tattoo?
- How do I apply my StrayTats tattoo?
- How long will my tattoo last?
- Is my StrayTat tattoo waterproof?
- I went swimming and now my tattoo is sticky.
- There is a faint line around where I cut out my tattoo.
- How do I remove my tattoo?
- What is your return/refund policy?
- When will I get my tattoos?
- I NEED THEM FASTER THAN THAT!!!!!!!!
What can I make into a tattoo?Anything you want! Get creative! Anything you have an image file of on your computer, you can upload to StrayTats for a custom tattoo. It can even be a photograph! Or simply browse through our design gallery and pick one you like to create a tattoo in any size! Use any image you like or make your very own with your favorite computer drawing program. Just make sure the image is cropped and prepared the way you want it because what you submit is exactly what your StrayTat will look like. Just upload the image and then select the size and number of tattoos you want. It's that easy!
If I have a picture of someone wearing an awesome tattoo, and I upload that picture, will you send me the tattoo being worn in the picture?No. This needs to be understood. The image you upload to StrayTats is EXACTLY what your tattoo will look like when it is shipped to you. So unless you want a tattoo of a picture of somebody wearing a tattoo (and if you do, that's fine), the image you upload needs to be of the design you want on a white background. There are lots of places to find these on the internet. Just google `public domain tattoo designs,` or simply pick one from our gallery. You can even create your own using your favorite computer drawing program!
Why StrayTats?No more settling for preset designs at predetermined sizes. At StrayTats you can get any tattoo in any size! Even ones you create yourself! Want it big? Get a 7.5" x 10". Want it small? We can do a 1" square, or any size in between!
How can I use StrayTats?Fashion - Make your own statement with a cool body art image or your very own design!
Parties - Your party will be the coolest! And nobody will soon forget it with `Rachel's Birthday Bash` or `Anderson Family Reunion` or `Beerfest 2008` tattooed on their arm! Be the life of the party and show them your tats!
Permanent Tattoo Trial - Have the perfect tribal design for that upper-back tattoo you have always wanted, but want to make sure you like it before it goes permanent? Take it for a test drive by trying it as a StrayTat first!
Holidays - Christmas, New Years, St. Patrick's Day, 4th of July, Thanksgiving, Halloween - tis the season to celebrate by wearing and giving out your own original festive tats!
Sporting Events - It's the play-offs and you've got to let them know you're out there. Do it by plastering team spirit all over your body! For quality, simplicity, and getting seen on the Jumbo-tron, forget body paint and think temporary tattoos!
Costume Tattoos - Wanna be your favorite inked up rock star for a costume party? Do it up right by getting the designs you want with StrayTats.com!
Homecoming - You are proud to be voted Academic Decathlon Sweetheart! You want to wear it on your forehead! Now you can! It's just a few clicks away!
Halloween - No costume is complete without a tattoo!
Just For Fun! - Play a practical joke. Tell people they are real. Try an outrageous design you would never get permanently. Score quick points with your significant other by getting their name `tattooed` across your chest. We couldn't possibly list all the cool things there are to do with StrayTats right here. The best are the ones you will think of on your own. Just try it! It's even more fun than you think!
Will the color white show in my tattoo?No. The color white will be transparent. In `white` areas of the tattoo you will see your skin. This allows you to submit an image on a white background and not have the white background show in your tattoo. For example, if you get a tattoo of the American flag, when it is applied the white stripes and the stars will appear skin-toned. In most cases this looks great. Plus, please note that in real tattoos white ink is rare.
How do I apply my StrayTats tattoo?1. Choose the area of skin on which you want to place the tattoo. Flat areas without body hair that do not fold, stretch or rub against clothing are best.
2. Thoroughly clean skin of any dirt and oil. A cotton pad with rubbing alcohol works well for this. Make sure skin is dry before applying the tattoo.
3. In the package you will find your StrayTats tattoos and some small tissue papers. These are powder sheets and they are an important part of applying your StrayTat.
4. Your StrayTat appears faint because it comes with an opaque white cover sheet that will be peeled off later. With the cover sheet still on, cut out your tattoo as close to the edge of the image as possible.
5. Now peel the white cover paper off your StrayTat, revealing the sticky surface. Try not to touch the sticky part.
6. Place your StrayTat sticky-side-down on your skin.
7. With a warm, damp washcloth, hold it firmly against your skin for 20 to 30 seconds, or until the backing paper is fully soaked and semi-transparent.
8. Slide the backing paper off the StrayTat and remove. Allow it to dry without touching it for 2 to 3 minutes. Now it will need to be powdered with one of the powder sheets to eliminate any stickiness.
9. Only one side of the powder sheet is powdered. The side with a rougher texture and a more yellowish color is the un-powdered side. With the powdered side of the sheet, blot your StrayTat and the surrounding skin until all stickiness is eliminated. Blot. Do not rub. Rubbing may damage the image.